zypper ex-gratia
Add Reply
bad sector
2024-04-19 10:47:58 UTC
Is there a source package that I can install on another distro and give
it a config to make it fit-in as it were?
--
Those so eager to go to war are usually either sub-human scrap or have
never seen combat, but there are those exceptions who have learned from
vets that killing is harder than dying because you survive it.
Carlos E.R.
2024-04-19 16:47:16 UTC
Post by bad sector
Is there a source package that I can install on another distro and give
it a config to make it fit-in as it were?
I beg your pardon?
Cheers, Carlos.
bad💽sector
2024-04-19 21:07:39 UTC
Linux, da?
Carlos E.R.
2024-04-20 01:57:49 UTC
Post by bad💽sector
Post by Carlos E.R.
Post by bad sector
Is there a source package that I can install on another distro and
give it a config to make it fit-in as it were?
I beg your pardon?
Linux, da?
Please rephrase your question, I don't understand it.
Cheers, Carlos.
bad sector
2024-04-20 20:56:21 UTC
Post by Carlos E.R.
Post by bad💽sector
Post by Carlos E.R.
Post by bad sector
Is there a source package that I can install on another distro and
give it a config to make it fit-in as it were?
I beg your pardon?
Linux, da?
Please rephrase your question, I don't understand it.
I was exploring the idea of using zypper instead of pacman
to work around a massive signatures issue in Artix. But the
attempt would generate more issues than it solves so it's out.
I thought you were just revolted at the thought :-)

Malcolm
2024-04-20 01:35:24 UTC
On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 06:47:58 -0400
Post by bad sector
Is there a source package that I can install on another distro and
give it a config to make it fit-in as it were?
As long as the distribution supports;
<https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Libzypp_features#Formats>

I suspect there would be some work required with multiple packages.

It's all on github for download;
<https://github.com/openSUSE/>
--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
Tumbleweed 20240418 | GNOME Shell 46.0 | 6.8.6-1-default
bad sector
2024-04-20 20:51:42 UTC
Post by bad sector
Is there a source package that I can install on another distro and
give it a config to make it fit-in as it were?
As long as the distribution supports;
<https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Libzypp_features#Formats>
I suspect there would be some work required with multiple packages.
almost 1000, I was afraid of that :-)