another packman repo handling issue
Add Reply
bad sector
2024-05-03 11:37:05 UTC
{posted for those who might google for the info}

I start a zypper dup run, it runs into a packman lockup (discussed
several times before) one workaround for which is a repo-change. This
time it's the Librewolf download that stops. So I go into yast and edit
the packman repo URL

http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/Essentials

to read

ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/Essentials

and try again. The run begins immediately with a list of choices
to make manually revolving around all the packman packages previously
set to be sourced from the packmam repo.

It seems like "Tumbleweed/Essentials" is NOT "Tumbleweed/Essentials"
unless it has a literaly identical URL so the previous setting to source
from packman gets knocked out with a URL edit.

So then I revert the URL back to what it was before and now Librewolf
downloads without issues.

Go figure, next time I'll just re-edit the same repo back in to see
where that goes.
Carlos E.R.
2024-05-04 00:27:33 UTC
Post by bad sector
{posted for those who might google for the info}
I start a zypper dup run, it runs into a packman lockup (discussed
several times before) one workaround for which is a repo-change. This
time it's the Librewolf download that stops. So I go into yast and edit
the packman repo URL
You know that you can define several repos.

For Leap:

***@Telcontar:~> cat /etc/zypp/repos.d/Ext_Packman.repo
[Ext_Packman]
name=EXT: Packman Repository
enabled=1
autorefresh=1
baseurl=http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_15.5/
http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_15.5/
path=/
type=rpm-md
priority=95
keeppackages=1
***@Telcontar:~>
Cheers, Carlos.
bad sector
2024-05-05 12:25:32 UTC
Post by Carlos E.R.
Post by bad sector
{posted for those who might google for the info}
I start a zypper dup run, it runs into a packman lockup (discussed
several times before) one workaround for which is a repo-change. This
time it's the Librewolf download that stops. So I go into yast and edit
the packman repo URL
You know that you can define several repos.
no
Post by Carlos E.R.
[Ext_Packman]
name=EXT: Packman Repository
enabled=1
autorefresh=1
baseurl=http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_15.5/
        http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_15.5/
path=/
type=rpm-md
priority=95
keeppackages=1
I thought only one instance of a given repo was acceptable

In my cited examples a packman-essentials repo download locks up at say
75%, how does the existance of a second packman-essentials repo let
zypper get around that? I mean at that point the thing is locked up and
will remain locked up until a ctrl-C and sometimes even that won't do.
Carlos E.R.
2024-05-05 14:04:29 UTC
Post by bad sector
Post by Carlos E.R.
[Ext_Packman]
name=EXT: Packman Repository
enabled=1
autorefresh=1
baseurl=http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_15.5/
         http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_15.5/
path=/
type=rpm-md
priority=95
keeppackages=1
I thought only one instance of a given repo was acceptable
In my cited examples a packman-essentials repo download locks up at say
75%, how does the existance of a second packman-essentials repo let
zypper get around that? I mean at that point the thing is locked up and
will remain locked up until a ctrl-C and sometimes even that won't do.
In theory, if one URL fails it automatically switches to another.

Try.
--
Cheers, Carlos.