Suse Leap PC has new hostname "ubuntu"
Woozy Song
2023-05-20 04:25:54 UTC
Yesterday, I installed Leap 15.4 on a PC, it got host name "Unknown". I
boot it today, and it is "ubuntu" WTF?
I am wondering was it given a hostname from the ISP modem via DHCP?
I have a whole bunch of systems with various distros. Only 4 can be
plugged in at once, but would have used Ubuntu recently. And the modem
has a pool of IP addresses that get recycled.
Carlos E.R.
2023-05-20 11:49:02 UTC
Post by Woozy Song
Yesterday, I installed Leap 15.4 on a PC, it got host name "Unknown". I
boot it today, and it is "ubuntu" WTF?
I am wondering was it given a hostname from the ISP modem via DHCP?
I have a whole bunch of systems with various distros. Only 4 can be
plugged in at once, but would have used Ubuntu recently. And the modem
has a pool of IP addresses that get recycled.
Your modem is giving it a name via dhcp.

Local name would be in "/etc/hostname".
--
Cheers, Carlos.