slow roller
bad sector
2023-11-06 21:49:21 UTC
Can one start that with any TW iso or only some specific one?
Carlos E. R.
2023-11-06 21:53:24 UTC
Post by bad sector
Can one start that with any TW iso or only some specific one?
With any, I heard. But don't ask me :-)
--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.
bad sector
2023-11-07 00:02:07 UTC
I didn't :-)
Malcolm
2023-11-07 02:01:29 UTC
On Mon, 06 Nov 2023 21:49:21 +0000
Post by bad sector
Can one start that with any TW iso or only some specific one?
Hi
Yes, then you essentially rollback by the looks when adding the repos,
see here;
<https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Slowroll>
--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
Tumbleweed 20231105 | GNOME Shell 45.1 | 6.5.9-1-default
bad sector
2023-11-11 01:34:48 UTC
Post by bad sector
Can one start that with any TW iso or only some specific one?
Hi
Yes, then you essentially rollback by the looks when adding the repos,
see here;
<https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Slowroll>
I took two runs at it. First I upgraded my Leap installation to TW and
then did the Slowroll sidetstep, the result was a disater. Then I
installed the latest clean TW and slid THAT over to a slowroll, that's
what I'm using now.

There are a few loose ends, like

- I don't know how to get LibreWolf.x86_64.AppImage onto the kde panel
(it launches if I click it)

- Grub still lists the the system as a Tumbleweed-Slowroll, I thought TW
was gonna be TW and Slowroll just Slowroll

- Yast Software manager lists upgrades even though the only repos are
roller repos (I thought upgrades would be few and far between, I guess
this is being worked out, I'm using only zypper dup as suggested, yast
only for installs/removals)

BUT other than that it's working just fine!

All I need now is to find a logo, a barrel of monkeys trying to roll
uphill? (still using my Leap wallpaper Loading Image...)
--
openSUSE Tumbleweed-Slowroll , Kernel=6.5.9-1-default on x86_64,
DM=sddm, DE=KDE, ST=x11,grub2, GPT, BIOS-boot
bad sector
2023-11-11 18:44:49 UTC
Post by bad sector
[...]
uphill? (still using my Leap wallpaper https://imgur.com/ekrJUUt.png)
as soon as I do zypper dup, zypper repopulates /etc/zypp/repos.d

which I had cleared with rm /etc/zypp/repos.d/*

ls /etc/zypp/repos.d
base-non-oss.repo base-src-oss.repo packman.repo
base-oss.repo h264.repo update.repo

#zypper dup (wait, then break w. Cntrl-C)

# ls /etc/zypp/repos.d
base-non-oss.repo openSUSE:repo-oss-debug.repo
base-oss.repo openSUSE:repo-oss.repo
base-src-oss.repo openSUSE:repo-oss-source.repo
h264.repo openSUSE:update-tumbleweed.repo
NVIDIA:repo-non-free.repo packman.repo
openSUSE:repo-non-oss.repo update.repo
openSUSE:repo-openh264.repo
Carlos E. R.
2023-11-11 19:14:49 UTC
Post by bad sector
Post by bad sector
[...]
Wait, you intentionally destroyed your system?
--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.
bad sector
2023-11-11 21:32:40 UTC
Post by Carlos E. R.
Post by bad sector
Post by bad sector
[...]
as per the link provided above by Malcolm:

------------------------------------
The same applies when switching from Leap or an older Tumbleweed
snapshot to Slowroll.

rm /etc/zypp/repos.d/*

zypper ar --refresh
http://cdn.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/ALP:/Experimental:/Slowroll/base/repo/oss/
base-oss
zypper ar --refresh
http://cdn.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/ALP:/Experimental:/Slowroll/base/repo/non-oss/
base-non-oss
zypper ar --refresh -p 80
http://cdn.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/ALP:/Experimental:/Slowroll/standard/
update
zypper ar --refresh --disable
http://cdn.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/ALP:/Experimental:/Slowroll/base/repo/src-oss/
base-src-oss
zypper ar --refresh
http://codecs.opensuse.org/openh264/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/ h264
zypper ar --refresh -p 70
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Slowroll/Essentials/
packman

--------------------------------------

I think the idea was to constrain source repos to the ones shown, if so
then it isn't working. So far I've watched the folder repopulate and
just aborted zypper dup ..pending clarification.
bad sector
2023-11-25 22:52:03 UTC
Post by bad sector
Can one start that with any TW iso or only some specific one?
Been @ it for about 2 weeks now, so far not bad

Here's my SlowRoller watermark desktop, the weird wheel
hub is the originial slow-roller invented 6000 years ago
which already had the turning axle we use today :-)

Would like to know where to set the KDE spashma clock date font
independently from any other font?