boots into text console after upgrade
Woozy Song
2023-04-16 00:31:04 UTC
I had a PC sitting idle for ages with Leap 15.2 on it. So I upgrade to
15.3, and I have done Leap upgrades several times before without a
problem. But now I don't the kdm GUI login, just console instead.
Only if I select the old 15.1 kernel from boot options will it boot into
GUI. However, seems networking is borked when launching the old stuff.
So what needs to be fixed?
Carlos E.R.
2023-04-16 03:24:38 UTC
Post by Woozy Song
I had a PC sitting idle for ages with Leap 15.2 on it. So I upgrade to
15.3, and I have done Leap upgrades several times before without a
problem. But now I don't the kdm GUI login, just console instead.
Only if I select the old 15.1 kernel from boot options will it boot into
GUI. However, seems networking is borked when launching the old stuff.
So what needs to be fixed?
Nvidia hardware, perhaps?

Otherwise, check the logs.
--